Digital Marketing Intern
Reports to: Marketing Team
Job Status: Part-time (10+ hours/week)
LegWorks is a for-profit social enterprise: our mission is to help people walk with confidence. We believe mobility is empowerment, and walking is an essential part of interacting in life, being able to work, and taking care of oneself and one's family. We are seeking a motivated, responsible individual to join our team as Digital Marketing Intern in Buffalo, New York.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media websites, and needs to have a "do what it takes" attitude with a proven track record in social media.
The duration of the internship is flexible and requires a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week. Compensation is $12 per hour and/or credit for approved curriculum.
- Grow online social networks by increasing audience and engagement
- Create and share original content using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and more
- Collaborate with Marketing Coordinator to ensure a consistent campaign and relevant content
- Update and maintain social media marketing calendar
- Perform weekly review of campaign performance data (and adjust strategy accordingly to optimize reach)
- Curate content that is relevant to LegWorks and our mission, including research papers, news articles & blog posts
- Manage organization and storage of creative assets for digital marketing purposes
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student, enrolled in a relevant degree program (proof may be requested)
- Creative self-starter who can take initiative, as well as work collaboratively
- Openness to learn about the prosthetics industry and ability to adhere to required guidelines
- Strong communication/writing skills
- Experience with basic photo editing (video editing skills are not required, but welcome)
- Experience posting branded content to mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Familiarity with social media analytics such as Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Google Analytics, and keyword analysis
- A personal laptop
- Ability to work in our Buffalo, NY office for the duration of the internship.
Applicants should submit a cover letter explaining your interest in social media and LegWorks; a resume outlining your experience; and a list of your personal social-media URLs, as well as links to any brand accounts that you currently manage to email@example.com.
Mechanical / Quality Control Technician
Reports to: Technical Team
Job Status: Part-time (15-20 hours/week)
LegWorks is recruiting a Mechanical / Quality Control Technician to conduct product quality control of our product line of mechanical prosthetic knee joints. The technician will be responsible for the meticulous inspection, correction, and preparation of product for shipment. He/she will be working with the engineering team and others to improve the technical aspects of the product, and systems and processes for inspection and tracking of quality control, inventory, and serial number tracking. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to have a key role in improving the design, quality and manufacturing processes of an innovative prosthetic product line offered by LegWorks. This role requires strong (mechanical) technical skills and related experience, hands-on work with the product and tools, and the ability to take ownership over responsibilities.
- Conduct final assembly and quality control of medical devices, following quality control procedures and SOP’s, providing accurate documentation in records
- Operate hand tools and equipment for assembly, quality control, and corrective actions to create stocked inventory of quality product
- Work with engineers and other team members to analyze, develop, implement, and document manufacturing and quality control processes and procedures
- Revise and/or clarify manufacturing and quality control procedures as needed
- Assist in investigation and testing of new and/or revised procedures
- Identify and assist in fixing/improving tooling
- Engage with manufacturers and suppliers to manage procurement
- Set up and conduct testing of product and/or components under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving performance
- Record and/or verify test procedures and results, data, and recommendations for changes in product or test methods
- Adhere to general safety rules and manufacturing procedures
- High School Diploma or GED and some college
- At least 5 years working as a technician, toolmaker, machinist, fitter or other, preferably in the manufacturing or related industries
- Formal training and/or experience related to the manufacturing and quality control of products or durable medical product
- Computer skills: must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; ability to use CAD programs (i.e. Solidworks), is also strongly preferred
- Ability to interpret and use technical drawings and specifications
- Good verbal and spoken communication, to work with LegWorks’ team and external suppliers etc.
- Ability to manage reports and technical documents
- Ability to thrive in start-up environment, adaptable, flexible to do a variety of tasks, self-directed, conducts themselves in a professional manner, excited about the opportunity to grow with the company
Send a resume / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Mechanical / Quality Control Technician” in subject line.
Reports to: CEO
Job Status: Full-time
Compensation: $30-35K depending on experience
LegWorks is recruiting a full-time Office Administrator in Buffalo to help us efficiently serve our customers.
The Office Administrator will report directly to the CEO and will be a part of key operational processes. Primary responsibilities include providing a delightful customer experience for all customers by handling inbound customer calls, order fulfillment, monitoring invoices and accounts receivables and monitoring loaner/repair/return requests. The Office Administrator will also provide administrative support the leadership team.
Ability to work in SalesForce is essential for this role. Attention to detail and the ability to clearly and concisely communicate are essential for this role.
- Facilitate timely fulfillment of orders domestically and internationally (packing boxes, dropping off at FedEx, printing labels)
- Monitor inbound phone and email inquiries, logging pertinent customer calls into SalesForce
- Monitor invoices and conduct outbound calls on outstanding invoices, including working with our finance team on reporting
- CRM Management (SalesForce), including logging sales, communications, uploading customer lists, managing new account creation and handling weekly reports
- Work with our technical and clinical teams and manage customer engagement on requests for repair or return units
- Work with our sales team and manage customer engagement on loaner unit request
- Assist sales and clinical team in outbound calls to customers, including scheduling of in-service appointments and following up with customers to keep them engaged
- Manage office needs, including orders for supplies and print materials
- Assist in booking travel and conferences for the team
- Provide administrative support to the Co-Founders including calendaring, customer requests, shipping requests, reimbursements etc.
- Clear, concise and polite communicator (both verbal and written), with excellence in spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Great customer service skills - friendly and cheerful attitude, high energy, ability to handle inbound customer enquiries and talk to new people
- Detail-oriented with clear commitment and adherence to deadlines
- Team player - ability to work well in teams and collaborate remotely
- Self-starter who can hit the ground running
- Ability to thrive in start-up environment - adaptable and comfortable working with some ambiguity
- Good comfort level with SalesForce system and Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to work with new software platforms (we currently use SalesForce, Slack, Xero, Mailchimp, Box, Groove)
- Fast learner, with ability to pick up new industry trends, new systems and new ideas quickly.
- We have a dog-friendly office – so best if you like dogs!
We are hiring now! If you’re interested in the position, please send a resume to email@example.com and put “Office Administrator” in subject line.
Please include contact information for 2 professional references and submit a short cover letter. Applications received on a rolling basis, interviews to start July 9th, 2018. Regretfully, we are unable to respond to each applicant. If we feel you are a good fit for the position, we will contact you to schedule an interview.