Digital Marketing Intern
Reports to: Marketing Team
Job Status: Part-time (10+ hours/week)
LegWorks is a for-profit social enterprise: our mission is to help people walk with confidence. We believe mobility is empowerment, and walking is an essential part of interacting in life, being able to work, and taking care of oneself and one's family. We are seeking a motivated, responsible individual to join our team as Digital Marketing Intern in Buffalo, New York.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media websites, and needs to have a "do what it takes" attitude with a proven track record in social media.
The duration of the internship is flexible and requires a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week. Compensation is $12 per hour and/or credit for approved curriculum.
- Grow online social networks by increasing audience and engagement
- Create and share original content using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and more
- Collaborate with Marketing Coordinator to ensure a consistent campaign and relevant content
- Update and maintain social media marketing calendar
- Perform weekly review of campaign performance data (and adjust strategy accordingly to optimize reach)
- Curate content that is relevant to LegWorks and our mission, including research papers, news articles & blog posts
- Manage organization and storage of creative assets for digital marketing purposes
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student, enrolled in a relevant degree program (proof may be requested)
- Creative self-starter who can take initiative, as well as work collaboratively
- Openness to learn about the prosthetics industry and ability to adhere to required guidelines
- Strong communication/writing skills
- Experience with basic photo editing (video editing skills are not required, but welcome)
- Experience posting branded content to mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Familiarity with social media analytics such as Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Google Analytics, and keyword analysis
- A personal laptop
- Ability to work in our Buffalo, NY office for the duration of the internship.
Applicants should submit a cover letter explaining your interest in social media and LegWorks; a resume outlining your experience; and a list of your personal social-media URLs, as well as links to any brand accounts that you currently manage to firstname.lastname@example.org.