Digital Marketing Intern
Reports to: Marketing Coordinator
Job Status: Part-time (Approx. 15-20 hours/week)
What’s in it for you?
An internship with LegWorks is your opportunity to work hand-in-hand with our marketing team. We are small, so you will have the chance to learn a ton while wearing many hats. This is no hum-drum internship where you will be making copies all day. We want you to have skin in the game, and to make an impact during your time with us!
LegWorks is a for-profit social enterprise our mission is to help amputees globally to walk with confidence. We believe mobility is empowerment, and walking is an essential part of interacting in life, being able to work, and taking care of oneself and one’s family. We are seeking a motivated, responsible individual to join our team as a Digital Marketing Intern in Buffalo, New York.
What You’ll Need
The ideal candidate will possess a strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media websites, and needs to have a “do what it takes” attitude with a proven track record in social media.
The duration of the internship is flexible and requires a minimum commitment of 15-20 hours per week. Compensation is $12 per hour and you can also receive credit for approved curriculum.
What You’ll Do
- Grow online social networks by increasing audience and engagement
- Create and share original content using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and more
- Collaborate with Marketing Coordinator to ensure a consistent campaign and relevant content
- Update and maintain social media marketing calendar
- Perform weekly review of campaign performance data (and adjust strategy accordingly to optimize reach)
- Curate content that is relevant to LegWorks and our mission, including research papers, news articles & blog posts
- Manage the organization and storage of creative assets for digital marketing purposes
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student, enrolled in a relevant degree program (proof may be requested)
- Creative self-starter who can take initiative, as well as work collaboratively
- Openness to learn about the prosthetics industry and ability to adhere to required guidelines
- Strong communication/writing skills
- Experience with basic photo editing (video editing skills are not required, but welcome)
- Experience posting branded content to mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Familiarity with social media analytics such as Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Google Analytics, and keyword analysis
- A personal laptop
- Ability to work in our Buffalo, NY office for the duration of the internship.
If you’ve gotten this far, we must have piqued your interest! To apply you just need to do two things: Submit a statement of intent (a few sentences explaining why you want to work for LegWorks) & submit a resume. Content writing is part of this role, so bonus points for creative and compelling statements of intent. Send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note – both resume and statement of intent are required, so your application will not be considered if incomplete.
Reports to: CEO
Job Status: Full-time
What’s in it for you?
As Account Manager, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our cross-functional teams including the company’s founders. The is a unique opportunity to join a company and a small team where you can make a huge difference. You will have to give 150% but in return, you will learn our industry and become an integral part of the LegWorks team. This is no stuffy corporate culture. We are fun, hardworking, and committed to positively impacting the lives of others. Sound like you? Read on…
LegWorks is an impact-driven for-profit medical device company based in Buffalo, NY. We are a start-up with an ambitious goal to revolutionize access to high-quality prosthetics for all amputees globally. We design, manufacture and sell patented and innovative prosthetic technologies to customers and partners around the world in 30 countries. Our team is comprised of experienced engineers, strategists, entrepreneurs, and prosthetics specialists. We encourage each individual to take responsibility for their projects, ask you to make your own decisions and hold you accountable for your results. The team is small and dedicated and our mission is big and ambitious – to join us you will need to be passionate about changing lives.
Summary of Opportunity
LegWorks is recruiting an Account Manager to lead tactical sales initiatives of the LegWorks product portfolio in the U.S. market to ensure sales objectives are met or exceeded. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to have a central role in scaling the sales and traction of a company with an innovative product portfolio.
The Account Manager will report directly to the CEO and work closely with our clinical, operations and marketing teams. Key responsibilities include customer account relations, sales pipeline management, closing sales, reporting on customer needs and analyzing sales results. The ideal candidate should have a strong focus on sales and customer service, with the ability to present with confidence to customers.
This role requires a strong understanding of the prosthetics industry, the needs of prosthetists & amputees, evolving technology and market dynamics. Anticipated travel will be 10-25%.
- Lead nationwide sales development and execution and build sales funnels with prioritized opportunities. Act as the primary sales contact for all accounts. Follow up with high priority customers by email and phone.
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales objectives for the LegWorks product portfolio in the U.S. market. Monitor revenue performance and assist in forecasting and analyzing past sales data and sales performance.
- Attend and represent LegWorks at industry trade shows, both national and state shows. Manage conference lead follow-up diligently. Combine industry trade show travel with planned in-service appointments at current and new customer accounts.
- Work closely with LegWorks clinical, operations and marketing teams to ensure customer feedback is reported, and to provide feedback on successful sales approaches.
- Utilize Salesforce, Salesforce Groove and internal reporting systems record sales metrics, performance, and customer account details.
- - Maintain sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping up-to-date with supply and demand, competitors and economic indicators. Provide the organization with prompt and accurate information on industry trends, competition, product acceptance, and customer feedback. Advise technical team on new product development and product-market fit.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong individual sales contributor with excellent closing skills and ability to execute on clearly defined sales targets.
- Sales target driven performer with at least 2+ years of sales experience, preferably in the O&P industry or medical devices.
- Confident and comfortable over the phone and in person. Excellent written communication skills.
- Track record of establishing and managing partnerships. Cares about building long-term customer relationships, professional and responsive to customer requests.
- Good working knowledge of technology, medical devices, and reimbursement. (Experience within the O&P industry a plus)
- Self-starter who can hit the ground running with minimal support. Ability to thrive in a start-up environment, adaptable and comfortable working with ambiguity.
- Entrepreneurial, decisive and with a strong desire to “get it done.”
- Ability to handle travel 10-25% of the time.
We are hiring now! If you’re interested in the position, please send a resume to email@example.com and put “Account Manager” in the subject line. Please include contact information for 2 professional references and submit a short cover letter. Applications received on a rolling basis, interviews to start May 1st. Regretfully, we are unable to respond to each applicant. If we feel you are a good fit for the position, we will contact you to schedule an interview.