Operations & Finance Manager
Reports to: CEO
Job Status: Full-time
Location: Buffalo, NY
Summary of Opportunity
LegWorks is recruiting a full-time Operations and Finance Manager to oversee the daily operations of the company, reporting directly to the CEO. Primary responsibilities include building and optimizing processes to drive efficiency across revenue functions of our business, evaluating performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics, and managing cross-functional teams and the growth and development of the individuals leading these functions. The ideal candidate will be a strong business process owner for all aspects related to revenue generation, while establishing policies and protocols that promote company culture and mission.
LegWorks is an impact-driven for-profit medical device company headquartered in Buffalo, NY. Our mission is to enable all amputees around the world to walk with confidence, no matter where they live, and no matter what their ability to pay. We design, manufacture and sell patented and innovative prosthetic technologies to customers and partners around the world in 30 countries. Our team is comprised of experienced engineers, strategists, entrepreneurs and prosthetics specialists. We encourage each individual to take responsibility for their projects, ask you to make your own decisions, and hold you accountable for your results. The team is small and dedicated and our mission is big and ambitious – to join us you will need to be passionate about changing lives.
- Assist in building and managing a team that can own key focus areas and initiatives over time.
- Manage marketing, sales, clinical and operations leads at LegWorks, including optimizing the hand-off processes across each function to ensure clear communication and efficiency.
- Facilitate effective weekly meetings, review and approve project deliverables and resolve conflict and reach consensus across functions.
- Coach and mentor direct reports within the organization, promoting a company culture that encourages top performance and abides by our cultural values.
- Design and implement business operations, including protocol documents, memos and policies.
- Frame decisions for the CEO with compelling analytics, critical thinking and strategic recommendations based on team management.
- Build pro forma financial models and be able to evaluate various business scenarios or strategies.
- Manage integrations with external software providers including Salesforce, Xero, Groove, Google Analytics and others to optimize sales operations.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents and reporting are filed and in compliance.
- Assist in preparing executive communications, including strategic and financial reporting to investors, funders and the board of directors.
- Assist in financing rounds (investor deck, financial models, due diligence).
- Administer and enforce CRM efficiency and compliance with a forward-looking view on structuring data during growth phase with channel partners.
- Own reporting of key unit economic metrics and creation of dashboards and milestones for business functions.
- Own reporting and analysis of key revenue metrics to make strategic recommendations to the CEO on revenue planning/forecasting, pipeline analysis and process optimization, including weekly sales report and analysis.
- Ensure sales reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the sales, marketing, clinical and operations teams.
- Track the end to end pipeline from top of funnel to closed sale to identify optimization points for marketing, clinical and sales operational efficiency.
Skills & Qualifications
- Proven leadership skills and ability to orchestrate, resource and motivate teams. Demonstrates integrity, quality, self-accountability, and the ability to lead, coach, and mentor employees.
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management.
- Experience communicating in front of business leaders, including ability to create reports and presentations in a clear and concise manner.
- Open, flexible, and positive can-do attitude with excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Good comfort level with SalesForce and Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to work with and integrate new software platforms. Proficient / expert in Excel, with ability to analyze complex data and translate findings into actionable deliverables, strategies and presentations.
- Detail-oriented with clear commitment and adherence to deadlines.
- Team player – ability to work well in teams and collaborate remotely.
- Self-starter who can hit the ground running Ability to thrive in start-up environment – adaptable and comfortable working with some ambiguity.
We are hiring now! If you’re interested in the position, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “LegWorks Operations and Finance Manager” in subject line. Please include contact information for 2 professional references and submit a short cover letter. Applications received on a rolling basis, interviews to start September 23rd.
Regretfully, we are unable to respond to each applicant. If we feel you are a good fit for the position, we will contact you to schedule an interview.